Sunday, February 8, 2015

Ordinary Extraordinary Everyday - Mini Photo Challenge Days 1-5

There is beauty everywhere, you just have to pause for a moment and take a look.
It is then that you realize those ordinary moments are quite extraordinary!

My week captured in images...

Kitchen Ritual
Every morning starts with a cup of fresh ground and brewed coffee (thanks to my husband). 
It is my favorite way to start the day!


Wrapping
I started working on wrapping a wooden bangle with wire and batik ribbon from Karen Totten of 
Starry Road Studio. It was inspired from a project by Erin Siegel in her book Bohemian Inspired Jewelry.


Reflection
Liam loves to look at his reflection in the mirror. It is a daily ritual that I enjoy sharing with him.


Paper
 This week I am working on creating Valentine's Day cards! 


Repetitive Pattern
Shower curtain. It stands between me and the day that lies ahead, even if only for a few moments.


I am participating in the Ordinary Extraordinary Everyday - Mini Photo Challengehosted by Sally Russick
The purpose of this challenge is to capture ordinary moments in your life for 15 days. There is a different word assigned for each day and the object is to take a photograph to reflect that word. This is the first set of photos that I have created for this inspiring challenge, which is divided into three reveal dates.


Photos 6-11 to be posted soon...



7 comments:

  1. Kathleen, I love the shower curtain photo. Amazing how our favorite hot beverages are being featured prominently. Sylvia

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kathleen, of course my hands down favorite is the reflection photo! He is such a cutie!!!
    Though how amazing is that coffee photo, I love how you captured the pour! Fantastic shots! Thank you. I'm so glad that you were able to join in I know its been a difficult week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awe, your little guy is a cutie! Isn't it fun to watch them recognize themselves in the mirror?

    ReplyDelete
  4. What beautiful photos, love the coffee mid pour (and your cup is super cute), the colours on your bangle are divine Your little boy is so very sweet! Really loved all your pics you have a great eye!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful pictures, your little guy is adorable. Great shot with the coffee!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a great idea, and I love the photos, especially of the kidlet!

    ReplyDelete