Monday, June 27, 2011

Best Bead Show - Baltimore

I took a day trip to Hunt Valley, Maryland last Friday to scope out the Best Bead Show. This was my first time attending this show and I will have to say that it was a really great bead show! Well organized and a wonderful selection of vendors. I made a point to first visit vendors that I haven't been to at Bead Fest. Once I gathered up some unique beads and findings, including a really cool sea urchin spine and unique lampworked glass bead, I headed to the Silver Silk booth to purchase a spool of gorgeous double knit silver wire. Becky Machinski, their ultra friendly sales director, demonstrated some beautiful ways to create with the different size knitted wire they offer. I can't wait to start working with it! I also love that it is made local in Bethlehem, Pennsylvania!



Some of the highlights of this buying trip: 
A beautiful lampworked bead created by Jennifer Fahnestock.
Gorgeous gold filled textured chain from Atlantic Gems
Modern pewter wavy discs from Elka Designs.
Faceted cloudy amazonite beads from Star's Clasps.
A sea urchin spine from Mommimia.
Gorgeous knitted wire in baby blue and silver from Silver Silk.
A Hill Tribe pure silver leaf from The Bead Goes On.
Chinese Crystal from C&I International.

No comments:

Post a Comment