Friday, July 8, 2011

Fiber Artistry Inspiration

Lindsay, my sister-in-law, showed me how to make felted beads. We had fun rolling the wool into ball shaped beads until our palms were raw! Taking inspiration from the natural beauty of the trees and pink hued sunsets in the Adirondack Mountains, I designed a necklace. I used the beads I created, along with square jasper beads, and added in a polka dotted bead that Lindsay made. I submitted it to Bead Trends magazine, who published it in the January 2011 issue! I named the piece Dutch Hollow after Lindsay's farm, Dutch Hollow Acres.



This week, Lindsay is going to teach me how to crochet. Only I plan to use 26 and 28 gauge wire instead of yarn! I can't wait to learn as I have been wanting to create bracelets and necklaces by crocheting wire! I might add in some fibers as well. I will post my creation, assuming it actually resembles a bracelet or necklace!

No comments:

Post a Comment