Saturday, August 13, 2011

Support Your Local Bead Shop.

As summer starts to wind down, I can look to some of the jewelry I created as sweet reminders. Most of the pieces I designed this summer were inspired by the ocean. Mostly because it is a beautiful part of the earth. But also because we have had some extreme heat, even for Maryland's standards, and it has made me long for cool water!


My necklace, titled Ocean Breeze, was published in the August issue of Bead Trends!


This necklace is a special piece for me because I created it with supplies from two of my favorite bead shops!
 I am all for supporting local bead shops, whether or not they are in my home town.

The hemp cord is from The Twisted Bead in Edgewater, Maryland. The shop opened last fall and has been my local go to resource for beads and findings. They have a really wonderful selection! The owner, Michele Tango, is very friendly, knowledgeable and will order something for you if you don't see it in her shop. If you are ever in the Annapolis area, I highly recommend stopping here, you won't be disappointed!

The sea glass beads are from Dry Gulch Beads and Jewelry in Joplin, Missouri. While I have never been inside their actual store, I am a regular shopper on their website. They too have a wonderful selection, especially of findings! They also have a no minimum purchase requirement, so if you only need a clasp and two jump rings, then you can purchase just that. Although we have never met in person, the owner Jennifer Lavite offers personable, friendly customer service as though we were long time friends.

Support your local bead store!


2 comments:

  1. I just love the colors and the serenity of it all. Very beautiful.

    ReplyDelete