Thursday, June 21, 2012

Metal Goodness And A Bit Of Sparkle


Yesterday I went to the Rings & Things bead show in McLean, Virginia. This was my first time attending this show as well as buying from them in general. Upon arrival, I was greeted by a very friendly R&T associate who gave me the lowdown of the show. He handed me a tray and off I went...

I was planning to buy only gemstones. Instead I ended up finding some really great metal beads and spacers, some of which I had been searching for!

handmade beads made from recycled metal - had been searching for these and found them!
brass and silver plated copper heishi discs 
cool silver plated copper spiral discs
resin tubes
solid copper flower beads - awesome find!
sterling silver french hook ear wires
chalcedony in shades ranging from pale pinks to lavender


This is the gorgeous chalcedony that I purchased. I don't use a lot of sparkle in my designs but I couldn't resist this gorgeous strand. It reminded me of summer flowers!

I left with a bag full of goodies, two Rings & Things catalogs (which I am enjoying perusing) and stayed within budget!



2 comments:

  1. Wow! I love the heishi discs and the chalcedony is beautiful. I can't wait to see you do with them. Have a great weekend!
    Lori D.
    Atlanta

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great finds! I love that chalcedony! I've missed the last two R&T shows due to bad weather. I'm hoping to make the next one this coming March.

    ReplyDelete