Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Still Inspired...

Still on an inspired kick of creating with ribbons and cords, I have two more pieces to share with you...


I connected a piece of aqua silk ribbon purchased from Marsha Neal Studio to a set of washers from Old Forge Hardware that I textured. This added in a fun contemporary element. I used crimp covers to secure the ribbon in place giving it a nice finished look, complementing the washers.


Staying true to my love of modern and nature, I used a variety of natural beads including wood and a really cool salwag nut and gorgeous teal magnesite, adding in white brass spacers and a textured metal tube to give the piece a bit of contemporary flair.

The second piece I created was with handmade polymer clay beads by Karyn Lewis Bonfiglio of Plus Size Bangles. As I mentioned in an earlier post about summer inspiration, aqua and turquoise have been my go to colors this season. I just can't seem to get enough of these serene hues!




After sliding the beads onto the cord, I tied an overhand knot at each end to secure them in place and add a decorative element. I finished the ends with knots and silver spacers to give some weight to it. Simple, modern, pretty. Perfect for summer!


3 comments:

  1. Very nice! I struggle with adding any fiber/cord to my pieces. The second necklace is especially pretty. Love those beads and the simplicity of the necklace!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your modern style with touches of Marsha's ribbon, very nice, indeed!

    ReplyDelete
  3. No matter what the season, aqua and turquoise are ALWAYS my go to colors! LOL I like these designs, very earthy and simple.

    ReplyDelete