Sunday, July 8, 2012

A Walk In The Woods...

One of my January resolutions was to submit my designs to jewelry/bead publications on a monthly basis. I stuck to that resolution up until May! Granted, I kinda fell off that wagon as busier months approached but I did have some success with getting a few of those submissions published. Two of my recent publications were bracelets that I submitted for the April and July issues of Bead Trends magazine for their Inspired By... section.

  A Walk in the Woods: Bead Trends July 2012


"A walk in the woods always inspires me. During the winter and spring seasons, I notice the beauty of the branches. Their texture and angles are so unique. Then as summer approaches, the leaves return in all their glory with the beautiful sounds of the birds. Inspiration is always there - you just have to listen to each season in a different way."



Robin's Nest: Bead Trends April 2012


"A visit to the Pocono Mountains inspired this bracelet. I was inspired while walking through a wooded area; a hurricane had hit the area the night before, leaving the trees dripping with water and the forest floor damp. The soapstone is the color of the forest trees, the quartz represents the raindrops that glistened on the branches and leaves, and the handmade ceramic beads are the robin eggs. The texture of the square toggle reminds me of a birds nest. The elements I selected are fragile yet strong, much like the trees in the woods".


I am honored to be included with the assortment of artistic talent that each issue holds. They are filled with inspiration! You can pick up a copy at your local bead or craft store as well as order a print or digital copy of present and past issues here from Northridge Publishing's website.

If you haven't already submitted your designs to magazines, I highly encourage it. There is nothing so rewarding as seeing your work in print! Making jewelry for a living is very rewarding, but having it published and admired by others is truly a gift!

8 comments:

  1. Congratulations on being published!! I love both pieces you made.

    One of my goals for this year was to submit pieces, but I never seem to get it done. I will have to work harder on this goal.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations to you! I'm going to have to check out the Bead Trends magazine, it's not one that I tend to pick up at the book store.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, congrats! Both are lovely, and your descriptions are beautiful, too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations! Both bracelets are gorgeous! I hope that you can stick to your goal for the rest of the year, but it's easier said than done! Good Luck!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice work! I agree with you on submitting. The publications are always seeking new talent, fresh designs. And what have you got to loose if you don't? Congratulations on this success! Enjoy the day. Erin

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations on the publications, Kathleen! Your bracelets are beautiful! I love nature inspired pieces and yours definitely have a natural appeal!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Kathleen, congratulations. I love the bracelet. Your designs are exceptional.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is wonderful! I love your work, Kathleen. So fresh and beautiful. Congratulations on the publication! That's super.

    ReplyDelete