Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Inspired By Beauty

An amazing girl that I went to school with grades 6-12, suffers from Chiari. Chiari is a serious neurological condition that causes debilitating pain and life threatening symptoms. To date, there is no cure. In an effort to bring awareness of the disorder to western New York, where she lives, Agnes organized Buffalo's first Conquer Chiari Walk Across America in 2010. The nation-wide annual event, being held this year on Saturday September 17th, is helping to raise awareness of Chiari, as well as raise money for research.


16 karat gold plated brass square link chain, bronze Czech glass beads, vermeil s-hook clasp.

I wanted to make a contribution to the Buffalo event, in honor of Agnes, so I created this necklace for the auction to help raise money. Inspired by her beauty, inside and out, I designed a modern piece that I felt would appeal to most women. I choose gold and bronze because it has a nice warmth to it, perfect for the upcoming Autumn season. I hope it brings in some good bidding! For more information: Conquer Chiari

1 comment:

  1. Wow that necklace is very stunning and elegant. Beautiful work.

    ReplyDelete