Monday, October 31, 2011

Inspiration is everywhere, even in a nut!

While in Hawaii, I of course found a bead shop to check out! I was hoping to find beads native from the island. I came across two at Kathleen's Creation's in Hawi that will be fun to incorporate into jewelry designs.

The first one, a mungumbo seed is a small grey seed with a soft velvety texture. I first saw this seed in a bracelet that was being sold at the L. Zeidman Gallery in Hawi. My husband surprised me with the bracelet later that evening before we went out for dinner! I purchased ten of these seeds at the shop not knowing that my husband had went back to the gallery to buy the bracelet.

So now I will either make a necklace or earrings, or both, to match it!

The second find is a black and white kukui nut. I didn't have any ideas jump into my mind immediately upon seeing these, but they were so visually interesting that I had to purchase a few!


2 comments:

  1. That is pretty cool! Looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. They are really nice looking beads..how sweet of your husband. One day I hope to go to Hawaii...but I don't think I would be allowed to bring these beads back. ( Australian quarantine is very tough)
    Jenni

    ReplyDelete