Friday, February 24, 2012

Winter Weather In Virginia

Last week a layer of ice formed on the lake outside my house. It created a really unique, yet bizarre pattern.


The pattern and colors inspired me. These beads came to mind...

quartz
ceramic
wood
bronzite

Since I do not have my studio completely set up (sigh), I have not been able to create anything in several weeks (sigh, again). In the meantime I have been writing/sketching ideas into a journal and setting beads that inspire me aside in a "creative ideas" box. My goal is to finish my studio this weekend as I have pieces to create for Erin Prais-Hintz's Challenge of Music and Lori Anderson's Bead Soup Block Party.

Today, the temperature is predicted to reach 73 degrees. Gotta love winter in Virginia!

5 comments:

  1. What a lovely pattern on the ice. It must have been windy to make that pattern.

    I've finished my piece for the Challenge of Music, but I'm still banging my head--errr working on my pieces for Bead Soup. I haven't even started on my piece for Sally Russick's Colors of Spring challenge...

    Good luck in getting your studio ready! Have a wonderful weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think I'm a little further south than you here in VA...we had a thunderstorm today!! We have high wind warnings too. This has been such a crazy "winter."

    Beautiful and interesting pic of the ice!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your inspirations and love the icey beads :) I am from Upstate NY and we've had very little ice this year and well it's pretty but I am not missing it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, that ice! Very inspiring texture. Hope you do make something with this mix you picked.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh! What pretty inspiration! Winter came to Wisconsin overnight. I love the beads you have chosen below. I can't wait to see what you make!
    Enjoy the day.
    Erin

    ReplyDelete