Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Inspired by the Ocean.

One of my recent night time creations, a seaside themed sterling silver charm bracelet. With summer officially starting, thoughts of the ocean influence a lot of my designs this time of year. The Atlantic ocean and it's beautiful sea creatures were the inspiration for this summer piece. I have vacationed in Chincoteague Island, Cape Cod and Bar Harbor, Maine. Memories of those trips influenced me and made me smile as I created. The large link diamond shaped chain adds some contemporary flair, as I always like to incorporate a modern aspect into my designs. The rope toggle finishes it with a hint of nautical.


The oxidized dotted bead and sea glass beads are from one of my favorite bead shops, Dry Gulch in Joplin, Missouri. The silver star fish, hand crafted by the Hill Tribe in Thailand, and sand dollar were purchased at the Innovative Bead Expo in Clarksville, Maryland. The chain is from Rio Grande.


No comments:

Post a Comment