Sunday, August 14, 2011

Getting Ready For Bead Fest!

I am counting down the days to my favorite bead show - Bead Fest in Philadelphia! This year, I am taking a metalsmithing class with Kieu Pham Gray-very excited! Because the class is held during bazaar hours, it will mean less shopping time for beads and findings. So, I have made a list of everything I need/want with the vendor name attached. This list will be my first priority. Any time and money left over will be devoted to lovely treasures that inspire me. This is my plan and I am sticking to it... we'll see how well that works out. I will try my best to not get distracted by the thousands of gorgeous beads that will line my path. Hmmm, maybe I should come up with a slightly more realistic plan!

My cousin Holly, a jewelry artist from upstate New York, at Bead Fest 2009.

Anyone have some good strategies or tips for shopping at Bead Fest? If you would like to meet up at Bead Fest, send me a message. I'd love to get to know fellow artists in the beading community!

1 comment:

  1. Bead Fest is great. I visited the one in Santa Fe for the last three years. Kieu is a great and super knowledgable instructor. And super funny too! I consider her a friend. Tell her I said hi.

    As to focused shopping ... lists per vendor help, but it's no guarantee:-)

    Pepita

    ReplyDelete