Friday, August 5, 2011

Inspired By Lavender And Teal

While finishing up my summer collection, I was drawn to the teal glass discs made in Java, Indonesia from Happy Mango Beads, that were sitting on my work table. I thought they would look spectacular spaced apart on the silver 3-needle round knitted wire that I purchased from Silver Silk. Excited by my new design, I ordered more of the disc beads in lavender and created another necklace, using the same design concept.


That idea then inspired a 3-strand necklace using recycled coke bottle glass beads, also from Happy Mango Beads. The random spacing of the glass beads on the knitted wire really adds a unique element to it. My first idea was to have seven beads all together in the center of each strand, but then I started moving the beads around. The end result is visually interesting. It looks really beautiful on too!


I love that the materials used in these designs are made from recycled glass, supporting Fair Trade and manufactured locally (knitted wire).

No comments:

Post a Comment