Tuesday, May 8, 2012

First Craft Show Of The Season: Reston Craft Market

I participated in my first craft show of the season, the Reston Craft Market at Lake Anne Plaza. There are over 60 talented artists signed up for the market this year! I was thrilled to be included with these wonderful artisans. Within minutes of the market opening, people started coming into my booth. From that point on, I had a steady stream of visitors throughout the day! I met some really wonderful people and sold over half of my inventory, doubling the goal I had hoped to reach!


My awesome husband once again helped me throughout the entire day! I hope he realizes how much I appreciate and value his help-I couldn't have done it without him! His birthday is this weekend, I'll have to make sure it is extra special!

I didn't get a chance to take many photos, but these will give you an idea of my booth. I like to create a welcoming space for my customers. A few of them commented that it has a very zen like feel to it!


So I will be spending all of my free time creating inventory for my next show in June. Can't think of a better way to spend my time!

5 comments:

  1. Hi Kathleen,
    Your booth looks great, very inviting and catches your interest. It would be hard for me to walk away from this one.
    'glad to hear your surpassed your expectations in sales. good for you!
    Chris

    ReplyDelete
  2. The set up looks STUNNING, K! I love how earthy, soft and relaxing your display is! great great great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on a good show! Zen is the perfect description of that table display. Lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am loving the brown and tan which are my favorite colors. My busts are brown so I am thinking of a tan cloth. I would have to walk into your booth!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your booth was gorgeous. Congratulations on all your deserved success!

    ReplyDelete